What is the National Commercial Services Group? How does it differ from all other Fidelity National Title offices?
The National Commercial Services (NCS) Group is the national commercial division of Fidelity National Title Insurance Company whose mission is to manage its largest, most complex, multi-site title insurance transactions throughout the United States and Caribbean. Based in Columbus, Ohio, the NCS group aggregates all of its internal resources within Fidelity National Title and its affiliates and agents to offer the most comprehensive title insurance resources in any one office. Our group works with national and local boutique law firms, real estate investment trusts, banks and investments institutions, commercial, industrial and residential developers, property managers, brokerage firms and real estate owned (REO) clients. The NCS staff is personally committed to developing innovative solutions for complex escrow, construction and other real estate transactions. From title order placement to final policy issuance, the NCS Group offers unparalleled solutions, resources and service – all with a human touch.
Fidelity National Title’s Columbus NCS sets itself apart by being the only title insurance operation both among our own Fidelity National Title operations as well as all of our competitors to offer all of the below real estate services under one roof. This comprehensive approach allows our operation to provide value-added customer service at highly-competitive rates.
What products and services are offered by Fidelity National Title?
- Title Insurance for the local Columbus area
- Title Insurance for all 50 states
- Escrow Closing
- Construction Disbursing Review & Disbursement
- UCCPlus Insurance & Mezzanine Financing
- Earnest Money Escrow & Document Deposit Escrows
- 1031 Exchange & IPEX Tax Deferred Solutions
- National Special Projects including multistate/multisite recording solutions
- National Title Information (www.fidelity.ntiweb.com )website providing sample document forms, recording related fees and laws and customs for all 50 states.
What is the function of your sales and account management department?
Fidelity National Title’s Columbus NCS Sales Department is comprised of account managers who pride themselves on providing the utmost customer service oriented solutions to today’s real estate transactions and issues. Our account management team specializes in handling transactions from the start of a transaction with competitive quotes and title order placement through all phases of the deal coordination including the underwriting and escrow closing process and, finally, through the post-closing follow-up stages of all deals including timely policy issuance.
Our team has a wide ranging client base including but not limited to national and local boutique law firms, real estate investment trusts, banks and investments institutions, commercial, industrial and residential developers, property managers, brokerage firms and real estate owned (REO) clients.
If you do not have a current Fidelity National Title sales representative in our Columbus National Commercial Services group handling your transactions, please contact us and let us know more about your company so that we can contact you further and discuss how best we can assist in your title related needs.
What is Title Insurance and what benefits does it provide?
Title insurance is a form of indemnity insurance which insures against financial loss from defects in title to real property and from the invalidity or unenforceability of mortgage loans. With a title insurance policy, you have an indemnity contract that will reimburse you for loss in the event someone asserts a claim against your property that is covered by the policy.
How can there be a title defect if the title has been searched?
Title insurance is issued after a careful examination of documents filed in the public records. Even the most thorough search cannot absolutely assure that no title hazards are present, despite the knowledge and experience of professional title examiners and underwriting practices. In addition to matters shown by public records, numerous other title problems may exist that are not disclosed in a search.
What does Title Insurance protect against?
Here are just a few of the most common hidden risks that can cause a loss of title or create an encumbrance on title:
- Errors or omissions in recorded legal documents
- Mistakes in examining title records
- Fraud or forgery
- Erroneous or inadequate legal descriptions
- False impersonation of the true owner of the property
- Forged deeds, releases or wills, instruments executed under invalid or expired power of attorney
- Misinterpretations of wills and deeds by persons of unsound mind
- Deeds by minors
- Deeds by persons supposedly single, but in fact married
- Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income, real estate or gift taxes
What protection does title insurance provide against defects and hidden risks?
The title insurer will defend its insured against any covered lawsuit attacking title, and will either clear up title problems or compensate the insured for its loss. For a one-time premium, an owner's title insurance policy remains in effect as long as you retain an interest in the property.
What does this ultimately mean to you?
The peace of mind in knowing that the investment you've made is a safe one. And, in the event of a title defect, you have a company who has been in business for over 165 years and holds the largest claims reserves in the industry to help protect you against costly errors and omissions.
What title companies are affiliated with Fidelity National Title Insurance?
Fidelity National Title Insurance is a member of the Fidelity National Title Group. Our Family of Title Insurance underwriters includes:
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Commonwealth Title Insurance Company
- Alamo Title Insurance Company
The Fidelity National Title Group Family of Companies represents the largest title insurance network in the world and our claims reserves are larger than all major competitors combined.
How can I place an order for title insurance?
Title orders can be placed by contacting Aimee High at 614-818-4838 or email@example.com . Our attentive staff will promptly review the transaction details and provide an email confirmation of the request including the assigned Fidelity National Title file number for future reference.
What information is needed to initiate a title order?
The below information will greatly assist our title examination and coordination staff in promptly and properly completing the requested title commitment searches.
- Transaction Type – Sale / Refinance / Construction Financing
- Property Type – Commercial / Residential / Vacant
- Property Address
- Tax Parcel Numbers and / or Legal Description
- Include any Prior Title Policies or Title Commitments, if available
- Purchase Price / Loan Amount
- Transaction Parties: Seller / Borrower / Current Owner of Record / Buyer / Lender
- Proposed Closing Date
- Contact Information for Sellers / Buyers / Borrowers / Lenders / all Attorneys
- Contact Information for any parties who should receive the title work once completed
What are your title insurance rates?
For commercial rates, you can obtain a deal specific quote catered to the details of your transaction by contacting Aimee High at 614-818-4838 or firstname.lastname@example.org .